You can turn any paper documents into digital formats through basic software, including Word or Adobe Acrobat. You can also do this by taking a picture of the document or scanning it before saving it to the format you prefer. If you don’t have the right software or apps installed on your computer or phone, the easiest way to go about this is to visit websites with built-in apps that will help with your digital documentation.
After accumulating a number of digital documentation, you will need some sort of an organizer to make it easier for you to access files whenever you need or retrieve documents when asked. For this purpose, you will need Document Management Software.
Here’s a list of the best digital documentation management software you can easily use even when you are still not familiar with the system:
This is best used for project management. Free plan and free trial are available, but you can upgrade with a plan starting at $5/month for each member. You can use the software in building external and internal documents, knowledge bases, wikis, and many more.
You can use the platform to create documents and share them with other users for multiplayer editing functions. Multiple users can edit a document simultaneously, and it will be visible who is editing or actively viewing the
Here are some of the features of this platform:
- You can highlight texts as you add comments.
- You can adjust the permission for editing, commenting, and viewing the document.
- You can share the document with anyone.
This document management software enables the editing of rich text formats. The platform also allows collaborating and leaving comments.
You can use the platform in streamlining your business processes and in capturing smart documents. It is a user-friendly software that you can use whether your business is big or small. It allows document capture in a fast manner directly from whatever device you are using. PaperSave is intuitive and secure. You can assign permissions to the files and keep track of the changes in real-time.
PaperSave is intuitive and secure. You can assign permissions to the files and keep track of the changes in real-time.
Here are the other useful features of the platform:
- Top-class data security even in high capacity and volume
- Workflow is consistent and continuous
- Has the smart search function for easy document retrieval
- Seamless combination with notable CRM and ERP solutions
While the software is not free, you can use its free demo to familiarize yourself with the system before purchasing the plan suited for your needs.
3. Google Drive
It’s free, and the platform allows easy access to your documents for sharing or editing. This document management software is both pragmatic and comprehensive. It’s user-friendly and accepts a variety of file formats in its cloud-based system. You only need to perform simple clicks even when it’s your first time to use them, and you will quickly get the hang of creating, editing, and sharing your documents.
Here are some of the best features of the platform:
- You can access your files from any devices
- The platform allows the creation of multiple folders to make your files more organized
- You can easily collaborate the files with your other team members online
- The software enables the creation of various file formats, including PPT, spreadsheets, and Doc files.
It’s free and comprehensive. Google Drive is also easy to use and accessible to matter what kind of gadget you are using.
The Other Things You Need to Know About Document Management Software
There are many other document management software types you can use to manage, edit, organize, and share your digital documents. You can also make digital documents in many of these software options.
Here are the other things you need to know about the software:
1. How does document management software work? A standard system will handle the digitization of your paper files and other physical files. The software will then index all the digitized files. As a result, you can access and quickly look for the digital file whenever needed. These documents are stored in an organized and secured fashion. All files become part of a database that makes things easier to work on, share, edit, and more.
2. What do you get from using document management software? Aside from the data security feature, the software allows version control, collaboration, easy sharing, and document storage.
3. Why is it essential to use the software? It allows you to handle all kinds of digital files – from the types you can share with everybody to the kinds that contain sensitive information. The software makes it convenient to edit the files, track changes, and share them with your team members.
Got a question? We’re happy to help! Click here.