Remote teams benefit companies with improved productivity, retention, and engagement. However, managers lack face-to-face interaction with their teams. Sometimes, there is a communication breakdown or an absence of team cohesiveness. To lead an online team, managers need to use the right technologies.
Furthermore, they need to pay attention to workflows and communication. Beyond this, managers need to establish the best practices for enhanced results. In remote team management, MacBook has proved to be an agile device. Here are insights and strategies for managing remote teams using MacBook.
Understand the traits of a good remote team manager
Remote team managers need to have specific distinguishing characteristics. Such traits will help you build stronger relationships with your online team. Beyond that, such skills help you solve problems without hurting anyone. The key traits are:
- Being detailed: Different online workers understand things differently. Managers need to provide as many work details as possible.
- Being self-aware: Understand your weak points, limitations, and strengths.
- Being trustworthy: Do your best to let your team trust you.
- Being a leader: Be available to offer leadership whenever needed
It is important to choose the right device to help you stay productive. Many remote team managers use MacBook due to its power. However, one of the challenges you might experience is your Mac filling up fast. You can remain productive by using cleaning software to remove clutters and unwanted files from your computer. Or if you have any other troubles like your Mac is not updating etc., you can easily fix it by finding helpful guides.
Use the right communication methods
Communication is key when handling online workers. However, the communication must be done right. That is, you must communicate at the right time and in the right way. It eliminates confusion and improves work quality. Furthermore, choose the right communication methods such as:
Use collaborative software: The purpose of collaborative software is to help online teams work as one unit. It is useful when working on a common project. There are many software that work best on MacBook.
Use emails: Email is one of the best communication tools for remote teams. It allows customization and detailing of information.
Use project management tools: Remote teams working on common projects need to collaborate. Additionally. They need to plan, schedule, and communicate. Project management tools for MacBook will help you achieve this goal.
Use video conferencing tools: Virtual meeting tools help connect remote teams in online meetings.
Use chat tools: Chat tools help with instant communication.
Use performance-tracking tools
Performance tracking tools help you track projects from start to finish. Additionally, the tools provide information measurably and consistently. Furthermore, they help you evaluate performance at individual and team levels. Tracking is crucial for improving the productivity of your online team.
Apart from this, it helps you develop a strategy for employee growth and development. As such, you get a better understanding of individual skill needs and capabilities. There are different types of tools for conducting performance tracking on Mac.
- Self-monitoring tools: They are productivity tools that monitor performance at the individual level. Ask remote workers to install the apps on their Mac desktops to track productivity.
- Group monitoring tools: They are tools such as dashboards that contain a variety of features. They measure a wide range of metrics across the entire team.
- Appraisal tools: They are tools that help rank, pair, or compare employee performance to pre-set metrics. They use certain checklists to analyze and report on worker performance.
Using team management best practices increased productivity and cohesion
Remote working is increasing in popularity, thanks to advancing technologies. Managers can hire workers from any part of the world. However, managing a remote team is different from managing a team face-to-face. You need to use the best team engagement techniques to keep your team productive.
- Set your goals from the start: Create your company goals and communicate them from the start. Let your remote workers understand your expectations in advance.
- Stay organized: Let there be an organized workflow strategy. Beyond this, stay organized in your hiring and onboarding processes. You can use organization software for MacBook to help you improve processes.
- Be result oriented: The amount of time a worker spends on a project is important. However, delivering results is more important.
- Create your boundaries: Some remote employees might slack off and fail to meet deadlines and goals. Create rules that explain your boundaries.
- Celebrate success: Engage your team to celebrate success no matter how small or big it is. Motivate them through rewards or other incentives.
- Take care of your team’s mental health: Mental health is important for a productive online team. Mental illnesses like stress and anxiety can have an impact on your team. Help them work in schedules where they feel the least work pressure.
Managing remote teams can be challenging. However, managers can adopt strategies that help their workers remain productive. One of the strategies is to use tools for communication and performance tracking. Adopt online worker engagement best practices. Above all, understand the best traits of a good remote team manager.